Dec 5, 2015

Sun Ovens are great Gifts!



Actually, I can think of few possessions that I value more than my old Global Sun Oven. It is over 16 years old and I have refurbished it 3 times and it is ready for another 16 or 20 years. I have cooked hundreds of items, even a 16 lb turkey!


I don't know how much energy I have saved by using the Sun Oven, but it must be a lot because it has saved my air conditioner from coming on too much in the summer months. That doesn't include the actual cooking energy saved. And you probably know by now that food cooked in a Sun Oven tastes better than food cooked in your oven or crock pot! Seriously, it is true!


I use my Sun Oven very often, especially in the summer. During colder months I have issues because the lower sun is blocked by my neighbors trees. For two or three months in the winter I can only cook between certain hours when there is direct sunlight on my patio.


I know that in an emergency I can cook anything, even rice that is normally cooked on the stove top or in a rice cooker. I use it regularly, but I know that in an emergency I can still provide my family with fresh baked bread, muffins, cookies, roasts, rice and a lot more!



I hope you are having a great day!

No comments: