Jul 10, 2019

A Little Surprise for my Healthy Living Class

Today I am taking some small loaves of fresh sun-baked bread to my fellow students in our weight managing and healthy living class. Today is the last day of classes and several participants have asked about my Sun Oven that came up in discussions.


The classes are about healthy living and how much healthier can bread get if it is freshly milled and rising in bread pans ten minutes later? The wheat I used was natural Wheat Montana hard white wheat, organic barley, organic kamut berries, organic oats, organic rye, molasses, grape seed oil, sea salt, vital wheat gluten and wonderful Moapa Valley raw honey!

This rather large batch of bread took two Sun Ovens to bake while the sun was just perfect. I used my 20+ year old, well used, (refurbished 3 times) Sun Oven and the newer All American unit.


Yesterday we baked a small turkey breast roast and last week a pork roast. Next on the list is baby back ribs that Smith's had on sale a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait. Ribs slow cook and become soo tender. It is not the same as BBQ ribs, but with home-made rib sauce....oh soo delicious! And I don't have to heat up the house in our hot Las Vegas summers!

A special SHOUT OUT to Shannon, our instructor. She does a wonderful job and I am sure she doesn't get all of the thanks she deserves! Also a special thank you to Southwest Medical for making these wonderful life-changing classes available.

While fresh-baked warm bread is the best, I have learned from a baker to freeze the loaf while still a little warm and not quite room temp. This locks in all that sun baked goodness in the loaf for later enjoyment! I had to do this day before yesterday because I had a 2 hour class today right during morning baking hours.

I hope everyone enjoys the surprise and if you have a Sun Oven I hope you get some of the same enjoyment I get out of my 20 year old Global Sun Oven!

All the best, Michael

No comments: